If something you submit gets declined, take a look at some of the things we often see in our log that we don't accept. This is somewhat of a refresher of the rules and somewhat letting you know what sort of things we haven't listed in the rules since it makes it way too long to read. NEW: Removed From Group
If you've been removed from the group it means you have repeatedly broken the rules to the point my co-founders have taken notice of you. Submitting to the wrong folder isn't going to get you kicked out. Accidentally double submitting something won't get you kicked out. I'm talking about submitting things against the rules over and over again (comic pages are a big one), even after we've declined it or submitting more of the same thing after we've declined it. I don't do it often because it's difficult to go through and find someone in the members to kick out, but I will do it if it's causing a back up in accepting the submissions of people who are following the rules.
If you submit someone else's work (as in, you go into someone else's gallery and submit their submissions to the group) I'm automatically removing you. It's against our rules and creates MORE work for the admins. If you submit something not from your own gallery, it's automatic removal from the group.Declined member application
am the only one who can accept member requests. I look at every applicant's gallery and, if I see any of the following, I decline.
- No submissions in gallery
- Heavily referenced artwork (meaning you copy another picture by hand)
- Artwork that does not belong to you/breaks site rules (In this case, I also report you.)
- No submissions that we can accept (for example galleries of only comics, literature, or non-anime art)Declined submission
The following is a more complete list of things we do not accept. I may update this from time to time. If you do NOT see a reason on here that fits your submission, feel free to note the group (with a link to the submission) or leave a comment on the submission process and myself or my admins will be happy to answer. We do make mistakes sometimes and are happy to accept resubmissions!Common mistakes
These are things in the rules that people commonly get declined for.
- Heavily referenced work (I see this almost DAILY. Auto-decline)
- Colored lineart in SOME cases (If a colored lineart is declined, it is usually the fault of the LINE ARTIST, not you. Many line arts are traced vectors of other artwork with no permission or credit given.)
- Comic pages (Auto-decline. Please see the rules and anime-and-manga-art.deviantart…
- Improper folder (If you submit to the wrong folder, you will usually be declined and asked to resubmit.
- Works in Progress (see rule #5)Unspoken criteria
These are things that we admins look for that aren't exactly stated in the rules
- Sketch dumps (This sort of fits under WIP, but sometimes it's just a dump of finished artworks. In general, these are cluttered and not any one completed work so we tend to decline them.)
- Lined paper (Phone or scanned photos of drawings on lined paper just don't look very good)
-We may also decline overly sketchy or unfinished looking drawings that we do not deem to be right for the group. It's rare, and hard to explain the criteria, but these submissions are usually discussed by all admins before the decision.
- Submissions not from the artist (If you find someone's art that you think should be in the group, do not invite it yourself. If the 'submitted by' name does not match the artist name we decline the submission. There are over 6,000 of you in the group already so only having member submissions helps us clear the log in a timely manner. Encourage the artist to join the group and add it themselves if they want.)
- Written submissions (If you'll notice, there's no folder for written submissions. So please do not submit them.)
-Duplicate submissions (If you submit something more than once, we will decline all the duplicates and get to the original in order we receive it with other submissions in the log)
- Non-anime submissions - There is some leeway and personal opinion of the admin here, but if you're submitting something non-anime drawn in a Western style, we will not accept. These are rare occurrences, usually Western animation drawn in it own style where it's blatantly not anime or manga.
Finally, please do not note the group about contests you're having, donations, adoptables, or anything else you would like for us to advertise for you. Feel free to note us if you have questions about the group or anything else that we can help you with.